Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Paleo Chocolate Shake (or, Burger and Shake Night)



Last summer my husband and I fell into a ritual of the Sunday night burger. Each week we tried to outdo the previous burger stack. Above is a photo from one of my favorite creations featuring the beautiful color and subtle flavor of a fresh chive from our container garden. I cannot wait to continue this new tradition this summer.
For me, a classic burger dinner isn’t complete without a chocolate shake. This Paleo version has become a favorite of mine!

Chocolate Shake Ingredients:
1 Banana
1/2 Avocado
2 Tbsp Raw Cacao
1 Tbsp Honey
3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk (I switch between coconut and almond milk)
You can also blend in any supplements your body may be needing. Sometimes I will blend in magnesium or collagen as I would prefer to drink them in my smoothie than in water.
Because you are only using 1/2 an avocado, the other half will go perfectly on your burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment