Monday, May 2, 2016

Paleo Gummy Bear Snacks, or Carrot Apple Gummies


I don’t particularly have memories of eating gummy fruit snacks as a child. However, in my later years and under the stress of a looming deadline, they became my busy-snack of choice. I say busy-snack because I didn’t really need to be eating anything, but I enjoyed the process of eating these by hand, I liked the fruit flavors and the chewy consistency. I would go through a box of them before I knew they were gone. Many of those gummies are loaded things my body can’t handle anymore but, I miss the satisfaction those snacks provided. I did some browsing online and discovered how to make my own healthy versions! I came up with three recipes that I will be sharing. The first is for Carrot Apple Gummies!
This recipe has three ingredients. I used my juicer and juiced an apple and carrots, then added in grass-fed beef gelatin. That is it! Grass-fed beef gelatin is rich in amino acids a key factor in a healthy gut. When I said these were healthy, I meant it! NO sugar, NO artificial flavors, No food dyes, just REAL fruit, REAL vegetables, and a gut booster! These definitely do not taste as sweet as the originals but they filled a void for me.

Of course you can make gummies in any silicon mold but, when I found these I couldn’t resist!
Recipe:
1/3C. of Fresh Carrot Juice
1/4C. of Fresh Apple Juice
3 Tbsp. Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin
• Pour the juices into a small saucepan and warm on low-medium heat on the stove.
• Sprinkle the gelatin on the top of the juice and whisk to dissolve.
• Allow to heat for about 5 min whisking periodically
• Transfer the mixture into your silicone mold using a dropper
• To set the gummies, place the full silicon tray in the freezer for about 5 minutes
• Once set, gently pop the gummies out of the mold
Tip: These are naturally less sweet than their inspiration. If you would like them sweeter you can add 2-3 Tbls of honey to the saucepan as well.
Enjoy and stay tuned, more gummie recipes to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment