Saturday, April 4, 2015

Paleo Poached Pears

I love poached pears. Before going on the AIP diet, my husband and I stayed at a B&B that served an amazing 2 course breakfast each morning. The last day of our stay our first course was a beautiful poached pear with a dab of mascarpone cheese on top. It was so simple, and so delicious. As most poached pear recipes call for wine and a good amount of refined sugar I wanted to see what I could come up with that would be more AIP friendly. Here is my recipe:
Ingredients:
2 Bosc Pears
1 cup of Water
The Juice of ne Orange
2 Cinnamon Sticks1 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)1 tsp. Whole Cloves
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

First, peal the pears, cut them in half length wise, remove the stem and core. I used an ice cream scoop as I had one handy, but a metal spoon or melon baller will also work great.
Next, in a medium sized pan combine the water, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, vanilla and cloves. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add your pears. Dust the top of your pears with the ground cinnamon, cover and let simmer for 30 min or until pears are soft.
While you can eat the pears right away while they are warm, I prefer to let the flavors marinate further. Once your pot is cool, transfer it to the refrigerator overnight. In the morning your pears will be ready! Remove the pears with a slotted spoon and serve with a sliced strawberry and a dash of cinnamon for extra color, flavor and pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment