Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sweet and Creamy Hot Coconut Milk… and a book!

These days, I always have a large pile of books collected in a to-read pile. The problem is that when I finish one book, I get so excited about starting a new book that I buy three more to replace the one I finished so the pile never gets any smaller.
My dad gave me the book ‘Wolf Hall’ by Hilary Mantel a few years ago. In the beginning of March, when I discovered that PBS would be airing a Wolf Hall series, I knew that I had to start and finish the book before the series aired. Setting the other book I was reading aside I started Wolf Hall… Today, after filling my Big Ben mug (to keep with the London theme…) with some sweet & creamy coconut milk that I just brewed I am ready to finish the last 30 pages a full two days before the series airs, phew! Here is how to make a cup of creamy coconut milk for yourself:
Heat one can of full-fat coconut milk in a pan on the stove for about 10 mins. Be careful not to let the coconut milk boil. Stir in 1 Tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tsp of vanilla. That is it! Pour into your mug and enjoy! (A dash of cinnamon on top makes this extra special!) You could probably substitute honey in place of the maple syrup, though I have yet to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment