Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Individual Paleo Blueberry Crisp


One of my favorite seasons has arrived: Blueberry Picking Season!

Blueberries have been considered one of the worlds healthiest foods. These beautiful berries are high in whole body antioxidants while recent studies suggest that blueberries may also aid in cognitive function, cardiovascular health and eye health. Not to mention that picking them yourself exposes you to fresh air and some good old fashioned Vitamin D - hello, sunshine!
So get out and pick some blueberries!

One of my favorite treats growing up was my moms homemade blueberry crisp complete with a big serving of whipped cream on top. Today, if I at that, I would be in a lot of pain... Not wanting to deprive myself of the dessert or the "taste of home" I reinvented the dish without the gluten, dairy or refined sugar and I absolutely love what I came up with!



Ingredients:
1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
Crisp:
3 Tbsp Almond Meal
1 tsp Maple Sugar
2 Tbsp melted Ghee (may substitute coconut oil)
Topping:
A Dollop of Coconut Cream as a topping, Optional.


Directions:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Place blueberries in a small oven safe dish
• In a separate bowl mix together the ingredients for the crisp with a fork
• Sprinkle the crisp mixture on top of the blueberries
• Bake for 30-35 Minutes, until bubbly
• Add a dollop of Coconut Cream on top right before eating.





No comments:

Post a Comment